Vital Statistics (Birth & Death Information)
Need a birth or death certificate?
The Athens City-County Health Department can provide you with birth and death certificates from 1909 to the present as long as the following criteria have been met:
- The individual was born in the State of Ohio.
- The individual died in Athens County ONLY.
- Must have full name at birth / death
- Must have Date of birth / death
CERTIFIED COPIES ARE $22.00 (Cash or Money Order Only)
HOURS: 7:30AM to 11:30AM AND 12:00PM to 3:45PM, Monday-Friday
Available in person at our office or by mail.
MAIL ORDER REQUESTS
If you are unable to physically come into our office, you may request your certificate by mail. Please send the completed form provided along with a money order to:
Athens City-County Health Department
278 West Union St.
Athens, OH 45701
- All Ohio Birth Certificates are available at any Local Health Department in the state of Ohio
- Death certificates are available only in the county in which the death occurred
- We do not process EMAIL or TELEPHONE requests for certificates.
- This department does not accept personal checks or credit cards (must be cash or money order!)
- Some Local Health Departments in the state of Ohio accept credit/debit cards.
Ohio Department of Health Vital Statistics
Genealogical Resources in Athens County